Calcined Alumina (Al2O3)
Panadyne is a proud distributor of the Martoxid brand of calcined alumina produced by Huber Advanced Materials, a global leader in specialty aluminas and thermal management solutions.
Calcined alumina is produced through the calcination (“heating”) of alumina to various temperatures. By controlling the calcination temperatures and time, the properties of the alumina can be controlled. Calcined alumina is therefore utilized in a variety of industrial applications including Structural ceramics, Technical ceramics, Polishing compounds for plastic, metal, and glass, Fillers for Rubber and Plastics, Friction – anti slip, Refractories, Paint & Coatings and Thermal Spray Powders.
Typically the primary variables in selecting the proper calcined alumina for your application are:
- Density of crystal: low/soft, medium or high/hard material
- These factors are determined by the degree and duration of calcination.
- Surface area of the powder: decreases with a higher degree and duration of calcination.
- Soda content: decreases with higher degree of calcination and chemical treatments.
- Alpha Alumina Content.
- Primary Crystal size.
Polishing grades vary depending on the polishing application and the work piece material.
- High Hardness
- High Compression Strength
- Abrasive / Wear-Resistance
- Chemical Inertness
- High Degree of Refractoriness
- Superior Electrical Insulating Properties
- Resistance to Thermal Shock
- Dielectric Properties
- High Melting Point
- Structural Ceramics
- Technical Ceramics
- Body and Vehicle Armor
Fused White Aluminum Oxide
Fused Brown Aluminum Oxide
Reactive Grade Alumina
Ready To Press Alumina
Aluminum Oxide Spheres
Specialty Thermal Fillers